2021 Event Schedule
Business-to-business meetings, professional networking opportunities, and education covering key industry issues.
Friday, February 19, 2021
Monday, February 22, 2021
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Friday, February 26, 2021
9:00 a.m. EST
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. EST
6:00 p.m. EST
Closing Happy Hour
Cornell University & AFFI’s Executive Leadership Certificate Program
For a small additional fee, AFFI-CON 2021 attendees will have the option to participate in an Executive Leadership Certificate program with Cornell University, Dyson School of Business. Cornell Faculty and thought leaders from the food sector, will share the latest industry research and best practices as well as what opportunities top performing companies are focused on in the near and long term. You will be guided through an individualized action plan that is applicable to the unique opportunities and challenges for your business. The core focus of the series is to help you not just survive but thrive in today’s turbulent and fiercely competitive retail landscape.
Consumer behaviors have been profoundly reshaped. Supply chains disrupted. Stores and categories turned upside-down. Traditional brand marketing – throw it out the window. The way we work needs to be reimagined. This Cornell University Executive Leadership Certificate Program will help prepare you for the ‘next normal’ for the consumer, CPG and food distribution sectors.
The program consists of five two-hour sessions.
- Session 1: Retail Beyond – What is the “next normal” for CPG and retail brands?
- Session 2: Consumer Behavior Today – Learn the why and how behind consumer behaviors, beliefs and purchasing habits that are rapidly changing and how consumers view retailers, brands and product entirely differently.
- Session 3: Supply Chain Fragility – This session will create scenario planning tools and methods to optimize the supply chain and improve profitability as well as benchmarking data across the retail sector.
- Session 4: Digital Transformation – This is not just for tech startups. This session will help you develop the digital leadership skills and mindset needed to thrive.
- Session 5: Future of Farming & Food – A deeper dive into labor issues and new technologies in agriculture.
Some of the key learnings participants will gain include:
- Understating the latest thinking on shopper behaviors and implications for innovation, product development and distribution.
- Why smart companies are paying attention to every element of their value chain, from how they procure raw materials and practice responsible sourcing to reducing waste and providing transparency.
- Gain insights into the disruption of the retail sector, view of the future and implications for go to market strategies.
- Technology innovations and their role in challenging retailers to translate the critical elements of a brick & mortar shopping experience to digital.
If you’d like more information or want to add this to your registration please contact Brynn Hadley, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional fee applies.
International Buying Missions
Food Export, in conjunction with AFFI, will conduct a Frozen Food Buyers Mission at AFFI-CON 2021. This is the perfect opportunity for suppliers of product with at least 50 percent U.S. agricultural origin to meet qualified buyers from around the world. These buyers of frozen food represent retailers, wholesalers, distributors and foodservice.
For more information and to request meetings with buyers, click here or contact Food Export USA – Northeast at email@example.com or Activity Coordinator Maureen Coughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.