Arlington, VA –The American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI) announced today during its Annual Membership Meeting a new strategic plan and website that connects the frozen food supply chain and aligns with AFFI’s strategic priorities. AFFI is the only national trade association that represents frozen food and beverage makers, including manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
“Frozen foods are essential in a dynamic marketplace,” said AFFI President and CEO Alison Bodor. “This is our north star, our strategic industry objective, that demonstrates the overarching role AFFI will play on behalf of its members and the frozen food industry of the future.”
Convening in monthly meetings, AFFI’s Board of Directors and staff utilized industry research to brainstorm strategic solutions, where AFFI could have a role, to address frozen food industry challenges. AFFI’s Strategic Plan is supported by three areas of focus:
- Advocate – Grounded in science, mitigate risks to the frozen food business.
- Elevate – Elevate frozen’s voice and build champions to promote the benefits of frozen foods.
- Innovate – Drive solutions for innovative category performance.
Bodor noted, “AFFI’s new strategic plan builds on the momentum from our previous strategic plan and capitalizes on AFFI’s core areas of strength in science, advocacy and communications to deliver real results for our members so they can continue to ensure Americans have access to safe, nutritious and easy to prepare frozen foods.”
AFFI’s new website is just one component of AFFI’s digital ecosystem that amplifies the business of frozen plus new features including:
- Members only dashboard with access to curated resources and business insights.
- Revamped news section to communicate the business and benefits of frozen foods.
- Streamlined user experience to enhance the value of AFFI membership and AFFI’s Affinity Programs.
The American Frozen Food Institute is the member-driven national trade association representing all segments of the frozen food supply chain from manufacturers to suppliers and distributors. AFFI advocates before legislative and regulatory entities on the industry’s behalf, serves as the voice for the category and convenes business leaders to create an environment where frozen foods are essential in a dynamic marketplace. www.affi.org