- This event has passed.
Coronavirus for the Food & Beverage Industry
March 16 @ 2:15 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
The Food and Beverage Issues Alliance, a coalition of 57 food and beverage trade associations managed by AFFI and the American Bakers Association is facilitating a Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) webinar on Monday, March 16, at 2:15 p.m. EST.
The food industry has many questions about special considerations about coronavirus for food processing, maintaining employee health, testing, response issues and more. During this webinar, some of the topics the Center for Disease Control and Prevention will discuss include:
- Precautions a food manufacturing company can take, in addition to good manufacturing practices to reduce the introduction or spread of coronavirus.
- Persistence, survival and transmission of coronavirus through food.
- Survival of coronavirus on surfaces, specifically food contact surfaces and food packaging materials.
- Recommendations for food manufacturing companies in the event an employee is confirmed positive for Coronavirus.
- General public health recommendations and information.
Please refer to the most recent COVID-19 member alert that AFFI shared with members earlier this week. This webinar is FREE and we encourage you to take advantage of it.