Transitioning from Manual to Semi Automated Cold Chain Distribution
The cold chain storage industry is heating up due to increased demand for frozen food and chilled pharmaceutical storage, leading many 3PLs and manufacturers to retrofit or build new facilities to meet these growing challenges. As needs outpace growth, many find themselves challenged with determining the best way to move forward. Cold chain facilities can be quite complex, and understanding the finer details doesn’t always translate to best practices. Join cold chain experts Andreas Oy and Matt Rivenbark from SSI Schaefer as they share their experiences planning some of the world’s largest cold chain facilities and leave with detailed information about industry best practices.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand the pros and cons when switching from manual to semi- or fully automated systems.
- Learn how to design a system that achieves faster ROI.
- Gain knowledge about how to implement technology that can prevent maintenance issues.
- Learn how to get greater throughput through high-density automation.
- Andreas Oy, Vice President Market Sector Food & Beverage, Schaefer Systems International, Inc.
- Matt Rivenbark, Director Sales Food & Beverage, Schaefer Systems International, Inc.