Our member companies proudly produce some of the safest and most nutritious food in the world and strive to provide consumers with accurate information that allows them to make informed choices about the food they eat. We work to ensure that product labeling requirements are backed by science, protect consumers and food makers.
Current Key Issues
- Labeling Claims: Ensure that our members have the continued ability to make legitimate claims related to the nutritional benefits of their products.
- Nutrition Innovation Strategy: We support efforts to ensure that various regulations impacting identity and nutrition information are not creating barriers to innovation of products.
- Nutrition Facts Panel: Ensure that appropriate guidance is provided to industry on various requirements and continue to support consumer education efforts through the agency.
- Labeling Harmonization: Continue to work with regulatory bodies to align labeling rules and compliance dates.
- Food Date Labeling: We support the consistent application of nomenclature for quality and safety date labeling in frozen food and beverage products.