We actively advocate across a diverse spectrum of food nutrition issues, including federal programs and services designed to provide families, mothers, infants and school children with access to affordable and nutritious food options.
Current Key Issues:
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program Expansion: Expand the Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program (FFVP) to include all forms of fruits and vegetables.
- Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive (FINI) Grant Program: We support the continuation of the FINI grant program through reauthorization of congressional funding that includes incentives for all forms of fruits and vegetables.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA): We want to encourage the consumption of frozen fruits and vegetables for all age levels and believe in emphasizing the importance of following validated cooking instructions.
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP): We advocate for the perservation of SNAP participants food purchasing choices and seek to ensure that program restrictions that would keep them from shopping the frozen food aisle are not implemented.
- Federal Feeding Programs: We support easing the regulatory burden on competitive foods sold in schools and as reimbursable meals.
- Food Ingredients: We seek to ensure that any ingredient limits implemented by Federal agencies are supported by strong science and are both realistic and achievable.