Last Updated 1/3/19
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We, or our service providers, may collect the following categories of information, either directly from you, automatically, or from other sources:
- Contact information, such as name, username and password, address, phone number, email address;
- Affiliations and professional information, such as employer, job title, committee memberships, professional associations;
- Transaction-related information
- Publicly-available information, such as your likeness and comments on social media pages;
- Other information you provide through interactions with us or our affiliates, such as registering for and attending our events, applying for employment, donating, or asking questions to our experts;
- Information automatically collected relating to your activity on our Sites, such as your IP address, pages visited, device identifier, operating system, browser type, referring pages, and information from “cookies” as explained below.
In certain circumstances we also may collect other information about you from third-party sources, including our business partners, and use it to supplement information we have about you.
We or our service providers may use “cookies,” as well as similar or related technologies such as web pixels, on our Sites. These technologies help you access and navigate the Sites more efficiently and help us monitor traffic and how visitors use our Sites. A cookie is a small file or tool stored on visitors’ hard drives containing a small amount of information that allows us recognize return visitors and customize our Sites accordingly. You may decline cookies by setting your browsers to reject cookies. Please note, however, certain features of the Site may not function properly or be available if your browser is configured to reject cookies.
Web pixels, also known as web beacons, “clear gifs,” “one-pixel gifs,” “web bugs,” “Internet tags,” or “pixel tags,” are small graphic images on a website or in an email that allow us and third parties to monitor the activity on the Sites or to make cookies more effective. Web beacons allow us, our service providers, and other third parties to gauge and enhance the effectiveness of our marketing on our Sites or on third-party websites or other channels by transmitting information about whether you follow links in our emails or Sites, or links in third-party websites, and by gathering information about the websites you visit before and after visiting our Sites. We may use log files to store the data that is collected through Web pixels.
We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with other information we hold about you.
Online advertising networks and similar companies that collect information through cookies, web beacons, and similar tools over time and across different websites, including upon or following your visit to our Sites, may operate on our Sites and collect or receive information from our Sites and from third-party websites. These providers may use the information they collect to provide ad measurement services and to tailor ads to users’ interests either on our Sites or third-party websites. In other words, these providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use our Sites. See the following link for more information about what choices you have relating to this information: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We, and those on our behalf, may use the information we collect for any purpose consistent with this Policy, including for:
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with products, services, events, or information you request;
- allowing us to improve our Sites and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of our Sites;
- soliciting, processing, and acknowledging donations and other contributions;
- human resources purposes;
- conducting advertising and public relation campaigns;
- complying with legal obligations.
We may use de-identified and aggregated information for any purpose.
WITH WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may disclose or distribute your information:
- to comply with any legal requirement or governmental request, including law enforcement;
- to other users of our Sites through our directory on Member-only portals;
- to facilitate the organization of our events and initiatives;
- to another party or its agents in relation to its considering, negotiating, or entering into a corporate transaction with us, such as a merger, acquisition, partnership, sponsorship, consolidation, bankruptcy, or asset purchase;
- to any party if we believe, in good faith, such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests, life, health, or property or those of any other person or entity;
- to our service providers, partners, and affiliates;
- consistent with this Policy, to third-party online ad networks;
- as otherwise noted at the time of collection.
We may disclose de-identified and aggregate information to any third party.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may provide links to third-party sites. We do not control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such sites, which may differ from ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these sites before providing any information to them.
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect. However, no information system can be 100% secure, meaning we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information we collect.
OUR SITE IS NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN
The Site is a general audience site and we do not knowingly market to children under the age of 13. If a child under age 13 submits information about himself or herself to us through any part of our Site, and we become aware that the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible.
VISITING OUR SITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Our Sites are hosted in the United States. Our Sites are governed by United States law. If you are visiting our Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data and privacy protections afforded under United States law may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our Sites, you acknowledge your information may be transferred to the United States and subject to United States law.
President & CEO
American Frozen Foods Institute
2345 Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22203