2023 ANNUAL REPORT
As the dedicated voice for the frozen food and beverage industry, the American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI) provides valuable services for its membership. Throughout 2023, AFFI acted on behalf of its processor and associate members to advance the interests of all segments of the category and created tangible results that benefit frozen businesses.
2023 Year in Review
Scroll through the interactive 2023 Year in Review to learn more about how AFFI supported its membership through collective industry action. This includes:
- Advancing the Strategy for an Allowable Action Level for Listeria monocytogenes in Certain Low-Risk Foods
- Providing Responsive, Tailored Support for the Frozen Berry Industry
- Spearheading National Legislation that Promotes the Inclusion of Frozen Food in Federal Nutrition Programs
- Enacting a Strategic Focus on Sustainability through New Member Programs and Research
- Supporting Strong Category Performance with Actionable Insights
Year in Review Video
COVID illness and quarantines exacerbated labor shortages and supply chain disruptions throughout the food industry – in manufacturing, retail and foodservice. Despite the challenges, 2021 was another year of strong retail sales of frozen foods. Frozen foods continue to meet consumers needs for easy preparation, health, and variety. Looking ahead to 2022, AFFI expects continued strength in the frozen category and greater resiliency in the frozen food supply chain.
2021 Interactive Annual Report
We are proud of what we were able to accomplish together as an industry in 2021.
- Led the food industry approach to drive practical and science-based Listeria monocytogenes policy with regulatory agencies
- Advocated for frozen’s priorities with the Biden Administration
- Positively promoted the business and benefits of frozen foods
- Released market insights to identify unique opportunities in sustainabiliy and e-commerce to help drive the future economic health of our industry
Latest AFFI News
Arlington, VA – A coalition of organizations representing the food chain stressed that frozen food should play a leading role in meeting the federal government’s sustainability goals in written comments
Broad Partnership Launches FDA Foods Coalition to Advocate for the Implementation of Proposed Redesign of Human Foods Program
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The FDA Foods Coalition was launched today to advocate for a modernized, effective foods program at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) focused on preventing foodborne
Austin, Texas – The American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI) brought together senior leadership from frozen food processers, retailers and supply chain partners at the inaugural Frozen IQ conference. Held in